In additional to the cliché, the pad is the second-most important factor to guarantee perfect prints. A pad is made of a special mixture of silicone and silicone oil. The silicone oil is added to the silicone mass to reach the desired hardness. The pads are dyed with silicone colours to identify different hardness grades.
To reach perfect results, follow these rules:
- For fine lines and drawings select pads with a pronounced slope, for surface prints select pads with a shallow profile.
- The pad must be large enough compared to the print imagine. If in doubt, select the next larger size.
- If possible, the pad should not bear down within the coloured area.
- Adjust the pad so that the imagine is transferred with as little pressure as possible.
- Clean the pad only with adhesive film and carefully clean with ethyl alcohol before starting to print.
- Store the pads so that they stay clean and cannot be damaged.
- Only use colours specifically made for pad printing.
We offer the following standard pad forms:
We also make special pads tailored to your needs:
Refer to our catalogue for a detailed overview: Pad catalog